Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

I haven't been on to blog for almost a week because my life has been pretty busy. I've missed it!

Here's what's been happening in our BUSY life lately:
* We are counting down the days until Florida. Only 4 more (counting today) until we leave for vacation! We are super excited!!! One of the things that has kept me really busy lately is making sure we have everything we need for the trip. Flip flops, shorts, tanks, swimsuits, etc...I
think we've got it all (at least my bank statement is saying so). I am still looking for a good book to read on the beach, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

We're spending 6 nights here-Hammock Beach Resort
and we're going here for a day!

* Our babysitting arrangements have been changed drastically. My mom-in-law has been watching Parker for us while we are at school/work, but due to some changes at Dad's office, she is now the new receptionist. So, we no longer have her to help. Thanks to my dad and Grandpa P's willingness to watch Parker occassionally and Brad's work schedule, I think we might have it all covered.

* It snowed here Sunday. It was a HUGE bummer to see huge flakes of snow falling and sticking to the ground. It wasn't a whole lot, just enough to cover the ground with a blanket of white. Thankfully, it melted the next day and is slowly starting to warm up again, but we were really wishing for spring to get here sooner rather than later.

* My to-do list this week is growing longer and longer. Instead of blogging, I should be organizing my time and list. (oh well)

* I am LOVING my Ipod Touch!! I use it all the time!!

* We are back to having church at home with the family. We aren't totally ruling out Davison Community Church, but we aren't sure if that's where our family is supposed to be. After vacation, we have a few other churches we are going to try. We miss Carmel (our church in NC) a lot!!! We still listen to the pastor's messages online, but I miss the opportunities Halle and Parker had at that church.

* Halle has picked her piano recital songs for this year. Her teacher doesn't care if she plays two songs because they are shorter, so we have picked 2. She is going to play "Holy, Holy, Holy" as a duet with me and a another song in her lesson book. So, she has begun working on those songs.



* We need to find another car soon. Brad is starting to get a few jobs lined up for the summer and he is going to need a truck or car with a hitch to haul materials around. So, I guess that is next on our "Stuff we need to buy" list. Hopefully, we can find a decent one cheap enough for our poor pocketbook.

Here's what we'd like to buy...

Here's what we can afford... (haha!)

* Our other car is getting worked on right now. I'm scared to know how much that is going to cost us. I hate car problems!

So, that's our life in a nutshell. It's been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Glad you can escape that winter weather for a while!

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

I know you are excited about FL! The resort looks really nice! That's a bummer about the car/babysitting. I'll pray that it all works out. We miss you guys at church too! I hope you find something soon!