Sunday, March 8, 2009

Halle's New Room

Halle's New Room
We spent most of Friday afternoon/evening and most of the day on Saturday working on her room. The majority of our time was spent taping around doors, windows, the baseboard, and for the black stripe around the center of the wall.
We are really pleased with how everything turned out and I didn't spend a ton redoing her room (which is a plus). I pulled out my creative side to make a few accents for the room and we used some things we had lying around the house, so the paint was our only major cost (and it really wasn't that much).
Halle is super pleased too!!
This is her NEW room looking in from the door to the left
Looking in from the door to the right


Here are some before and after pictures
Before-desk area

AfterI just put some zebra scrapbooking paper on her tack board

The window seat
I made these valances myself. I bought solid black valances from Walmart and hot glued zebra ribbon and hot pink feathers (from JoAnn Fabric's) to the bottom of them

Before- bed area, except Halle had already put her new bedding on before I took this picture. Her old bedding was light purple with pink/purple flower sheets
After
Before- I took this frame from my room
After- I just put covered the matting with zebra paper. We are going to change those pictures out and put some more recent pics in

Before- her letters
After- I free handed the stripes on each letter and then painted them in. It took me a couple nights to get them done, but I love how they turned out


Before- vanity areaAfterOur $5 find at TJ Maxx. She holds necklaces, hair clips, pictures
Halle LOVES her new room!

2 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Can you come over and redo Ava's room? LOL
This is SO cute and I know Halle must be excited to have a "super cool" new room! Love the name and the peg board and frame. You're so crafty. Great job!

Betsy said...

WOW!!! You did an awesome job on Halle's room! Seriously...it is adorable!! You are so talented, Kellie! I love the handpainted letters! I bet she is loving it! :)