Monday, April 27, 2009

Michigan Weather

If you have ever wanted to know what Michigan weather is like, today (Saturday, April 25) was a great example. It started out with the sun shining in the windows as we woke up. Of course, Parker was up before the crack of dawn, so sleeping in wasn't really an option, but it was sure nice to see the sun peeking through the blinds.
We ate breakfast, got dressed, and headed outside. By 9am, it was already quite warm out. I put on a pair of shorts and a tank top!! It had been in the 80s for the last couple days. Parker played basketball on his hoop, and Halle and Bailey played together.

I pulled all the weeds and dead plants around the house. There were a ton!! I didn't think I was going to do it all morning long, so I didn't put any gloves on, and my hands got all torn up. I even got a huge splinter in my thumb. (I didn't take a picture of it, but just know it was a huge)I worked hard so that hopefully flowers will bloom and the landscaping will look nice.
By noon, the clouds starting rolling in, and right when I was finished working, raindrops started to fall. I got all my mess cleaned up and walked in the house, and about 2 seconds later it started to downpour.

It rained and rained!! We had a decent thrunderstorm and it was quite windy. We think it might have hailed for a few minutes too!!

Since our day was kinda ruined because of the rain, we decided to go shopping and out to dinner. As we were driving down a main highway to the mall we wanted to go to, we saw a ton of downed power lines and tree branches down. There were 5-6 power line poles that had snapped right in half and we lying on the ground. One power pole was smashed into the front a building.All the businesses for about 10-15 miles were closed due to power outages and all the stop lights were


We ate dinner at "On the Border", which is now one of our favorite mexican restaurants. We ate way too many chips and salsa. Why are they so addicting?

When we left the restaurant it was downpouring in sheets. I couldn't believe how hard the rain was coming down. Our car was really close to the door, so Brad and Halle ran to get in, and then Brad was going to bring me and Parker an umbrella. They were outside maybe 7 seconds and were completely drenched...They both looked like they had taken a shower in the clothes. Their hair was soaked and their clothes were soaked all the way through!! Parker and I ended up running to the car a few minutes later when the rain died down a little, so we didn't get as soaked as them, but we got pretty wet!

Once we left the mall, the rain had stopped, but it had cooled way down. We didn't get any more wet though (thank goodness).

It was a typical Michigan day- sunny, warm, cloudy, thunderstorm, windy, rainy, hailing, cool. The only thing we were missing was "snow", which I wouldn't have been surprised if it had snowed. It's Michigan...Anything's possible!

No comments: