Thursday, April 16, 2009

Is it too late for an Easter post?

(I know, I know. Easter was over a week ago and I am just now posting about it. Oh well, I'm a little behind, obviously)

Easter, for us this year, was extremely weird and different. Most years, our Easter dresses and suits are bought, we have colored Easter eggs, and I have the kids' baskets full. We go to church, sing the traditional Easter songs, and have a nice meal with the family afterwards.

Since we didn't get home from our trip until the evening before Easter Sunday, I was quite behind (seems to be a theme in my life lately). Plus, we have been doing church at home with the family, so we weren't even sure we were going to a service somewhere.

Brad and I ran out to Meijer at about 11pm Saturday night to get a few goodies for the kids. They both got so much stuff from Florida, but I thought it would be nice to have at least a little something in their baskets. Brad had gone out earlier in the day to get some candy and only was able to find a few things. Everything was picked over. We really didn't find much, but did get Parker the movie Bolt, and Halle some sidewalk chalk and a new jump rope.

Since we didn't dye any eggs this year, Brad and I filled 50 plastic eggs with candy and money and hid them all around our apartment downstairs.


The kids were excited to open up their treats in their baskets in the morning, and Halle had a lot of fun searching for eggs. Parker only did it for about 3 minutes before he was begging to watch Bolt.

We all put on nice shirts (not our typical dresses and suits) and had church with the family at home.

My parents invited us over for a brunch, so we headed there after our service. My parents made egg casserole, french toast casserole, muffins, fruit, toast, etc. It was all very good!

In the afternoon, we took the kids over to a park and let them play.






Although our Easter was a lot different from previous years, we still were reminded of the celebration of Easter and it's importance. Of all other stories in the Bible, this one is the most important. We should be celebrating Easter everyday, not just one day a year. Easter is a good reminder of the greatness of God, to overcome death, even death on a cross, and make a way for all of us to spend eternity with Him in heaven.

No comments: