Sunday, April 26, 2009

I missed my 100th post!

A while back I came across a fun blog and thought I would use the idea to celebrate my 100th post. Well, I kind of missed my 100th! I was so busy posting about our trip to Florida, I passed it without noticing. Technically, I'm at 107 now, but I thought I would post it anyways. So, Happy 100th post!!! I can't believe I have written over 100 posts on my blog! Woo-hoo for me! I thought I would do this fun list of 100 things to do during your lifetime that I found on Jessica's blog. Everything that I have done is bolded.

1. Started your own blog (in 2008)
2. Slept under the stars (gotta give Lake Ann Baptist Camp credit for this one)
3. Played in a band (Church youth group band)
4. Visited Hawaii (would love to go anytime now...hint hint Brad)
5. Watched a meteor shower (well, if shooting stars count)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (Disney World)
8. Climbed a mountain (In Europe)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (no, but I've played a TON of piano solos- they're almost the same maybe)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris (would love too someday...hint hint Brad)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (as long as crafts/baking/decorating counts)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (thanks to Red Knapp's (most recently))
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (would really love to go to NYC soon...hint hint Brad)
18. Grown your own vegetables (when I was a kid)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (was in France, but didn't see the Mona Lisa)
20. Slept on an overnight train (been on a train, but not overnight)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb (my husband used to own sheep, but it was before I came into the picture-thank goodness)
26. Gone skinny dipping (yeah right- I can barely handle what I look like in a bathing suit, none the less naked)
27. Run a Marathon (does a 5K count?)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (with Brad too!)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (Does hitting one on the Wii baseball game count?)
32. Been on a cruise (only dinner cruises- Sr. High school banquet)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person ( Love It!)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community (even ate at one of their restaurants- super good food)
36. Taught yourself a new language (does understanding Parker's babbling count for anything)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I need to work on it, because I should be content with what I have)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (Allyson and I had our portraits painted at Cedar Point when we were kids)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (does using a snorkel in a pool count?)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater

55. Been in a movie (Does 12th grade English class homemade movies count?)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (B & K Cleaning)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (no, but I sure do love to buy them!)
62. Gone whale watching (how about dolphin watching?)
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (thank heavens for our bank's Bounce Protection program)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy ("Bald-headed"-my Cabbage Patch baby doll, where are you?)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar (does Foie Gras count?-It's a delicacy-Goose Liver--I wouldn't recommend it)
72. Pieced a quilt (would really like to learn how to quilt)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (no, but really messed up my knee during basketball season)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (nope- they seem to always be used)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (I might have during Basketball season in High School)
85. Read the entire Bible (I really want to though)
)86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury (thankfully everytime I've been called for Jury Duty, I have never had to go)
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one (2 to be exact)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day

Hopefully by my 200th post I will be able to check off a few more of these 100 things to do.
I've so enjoyed blogging and look forward to all the new memories that will happen in my next 100 posts. I love all my blogging friends (all 2 of you who actually read mine) and hope to make some new blogger friends as well.
Happy 100!! (Technically, 107!!)