Monday, April 13, 2009

Florida Day #1

Florida Trip: Day #1- April 4, 2009
I hauled my laptop with me to Florida and my intention was to blog about our vacation every night so I wouldn't have a bunch to do when I got home. Well, the building where we stayed for the majority of the week did NOT have Wi-Fi or even a cable for me to plug in the computer, so I had no way of getting online, unless I wanted to drive up to Starbucks every morning. (I chose to go to the beach instead)
So, here's our vacation.
Halle all ready to head to the airport
It was pretty cool the morning we left MI. We were all ready for warm weather!
Our first flight was to Cleveland, OH. It was a small plane!! It only held 30-40 people.
Are we there yet?
Waiting in the Cleveland airport. We had just enough time to grab some lunch before boarding the next plane. We made it to FLORIDA!!! In front of an aquarium at the airport in Tampa. We were waiting for the rental car. I forgot to take a picture of it, but the rental place gave us this small SUV that only held 2-3 suitcases. We had 6 large suitcases and 5 people!!! So, we ended up waiting for about 1/2 hr for them to bring us a decent sized SUV. They gave dad 20% off for the mishap!
We made it to Orlando, got cleaned up, and headed out to the town of Celebration. It's a nice, new town with homes, shops, restaurants, etc. It was beautiful out!

We ate at the Town Tavern. We got to eat outside. This was the buzzer that notified us when our table was ready.

We met up with Preston (Jess's boyfriend) and his mom for dinner. I obviously missed the memo that we were supposed to wear pink and white!!It was a great first day! It was so warm and we were in shorts! That's all that mattered!! We got dessert at Kilwin's and walked around the town before heading back to our hotel for some sleep. We've got a big day tomorrow- Disney World!!

No comments: