Monday, June 2, 2008

Tacky Day

Today at Halle's school it was "Tacky Day". They are celebrating spirit week this last full week of school and of course, Halle wanted to participate. We dressed her in purple plaid shorts, an orange and white striped t-shirt, two different multi-colored knee socks, two different colored Crocs, a red, white, and blue hair bow, and a yellow headband. She definitely looked tacky!!!
It got me thinking of all the fads/trends in clothes when I grew up. Boy, I look back at pictures of me as a kid, and I wonder "what was my mom thinking?" Some of my clothes that I wore as actual outfits could probably now be worn on days like today- Tacky Day. Not to mention the hair styles as well. I sported the perm (in elementary school!!!), side ponytails, and of course, the BIG BANGS!!!! I can remember standing in the bathroom really ratting and hairspraying my bangs to get them to be super puffy. I sure hope those never come back into style.

I got to talk to my sister, Allyson, for quite a while today. We usually try to call each other once a week and talk for a good hour or so. She is starting in the dental hygeine program at a college up in Michigan. She has also been dating Brad's brother, Scott, for over 5 years now!!! Yes, my sister is dating my husband's brother!!! Everyone thinks it's weird, but it seems normal to us because they have been together for so long now. We are hoping an engagement is coming soon!!!

This is Scott and Allyson!


We ended up going to Showmars for gyros tonight. Brad and I love gyros and we found that Parker loves them too. We cut up a bunch of the meat into little pieces for him and he was literally shoving them into his mouth as fast as he could. It was quite hilarious!!! He definitely loves normal food WAY more than baby food. I can barely get him to eat a whole jar of baby food, but he will eat grapes, watermelon, cheese, any meat, crackers, etc. faster than I can get it cut up!! He's growing up way too fast!

1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Mmmmmm...gyros.

And how cool would it be if your sister and your husband's brother got married. I love thinking about that!