Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Food Network

One of my absolute favorite channels on tv is The Food Network (channel 55 for all of you who live by me). I know I can always turn to that channel and find something to watch. I must give credit to my good friend, Jackie, who introduced me to the channel. I never knew much about it until I met her.

Although the channel has lots of good, interesting, and different types of shows, there are a few that I really, really like!! I don't think I could number my most favorite to least favorite shows on this channel because I like different ones for different reasons. My favorite cook show is "Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee". The thing I love about her is that she shows you how to make meals using 50% store bought food and 50% fresh. A lot of chefs make really tasty looking meals, but there is about 100 different ingredients in them. Sandra Lee's meals are actually practical, she always makes a few dishes, a drink, and she shows you how to decorate a table for a specific themed dinner/party.
Another show I really like on this channel is "Ace of Cakes". If you ever want to see some really cool cakes, you must watch this show. Duff Goldman is the owner of this cake shop, Charm City Cakes, and they show you all the different cakes that they make. They will decorate any sort of cake any way you want.

A few other shows worth mentioning are:

1.Food Network Challenge- I love to watch 5 or so teams compete to make the best looking cake or sugar/chocolate sculpture. It is always nerve-racking when they have to move their masterpiece from one table to another to be judged. That's the scariest part!!!

2. Iron Chef America- Although I would never make any of the food they cook on that show, I find it intriguing to watch these guys duke it out with each other, having to make a whole 5 course meal in 1 hour.

3. Unwrapped- It's a show that shows you how all sorts of different foods are made. It's interesting to see how Twinkies or tootsie rolls or whatever else comes in a package is made!! You always learn something new from this show!!

So, if you find yourself with a bunch of time, turn your channel to The Food Network and maybe you'll find you like it just as much as me!!

2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Kellie ~ I happened upon your blog when reading Betsy's post from the weekend!

I ADORE Betsy and hope to be half the person she is!

Your children are absolutely PRECIOUS!

Betsy said...

I love the Food Network, too! My favorite it Paula Deen and I love Giada, too. But I read Sandra Lee's biography not too long ago and it was really inspiring. You should read it when you get a chance!