Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kiddie Pool

Today, I hosted a playgroup at the pool. Four moms, plus their babies, joined Parker and I down at the pool for a couple hours of fun. Three of the moms have babies that are turning 1 this month, then there was Parker, who is 10 months old, and there was a 7 week old baby that came too. He was so little and sweet. You forget how little they are at first because they grow so fast!! It was lots of fun! Some babies (and moms) got all the way in the pool, while some just played on the first step. Obviously, the 7 week old just slept. I made homemade fruit salsa and cinnamon chips to snack on while we sat around the pool.
Fruit Salsa and Chips
1/2 c cantalope, chopped
9 strawberries, chopped
2 kiwi, chopped
1 T lime juice
2 T honey
1/2 t vanilla
Squeeze lime juice over chopped fruit. Add honey and vanilla.
Chips:
small tortillas
Pam spray
cinnamon/sugar mixture
Spray tortilla with Pam on both sides. Sprinkle cin/sugar mix all over tortilla. Cut into pieces. Lay on cookie sheet and bake at 350* until crispy.
I also went on my first shopping trip to a consignment shop. My friend, Kristen, shops for her little girl at one and so I tagged along this morning. It was a very nice store and they had a big selection. I had never been to a consignment store before, so I didn't know what to expect. I ended up getting Parker another bathing suit and a dress for Halle all for $7. I will definitely start dropping off all the kids' clothes that they grow out of there. They give you a store credit when you donate clothes which you can put towards a purchase.
It was an eventful and really fun day today!!! I am tired now though and am ready for bed!!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish I could be at the pool instead of at school! It's not long, though.

And fruit salsa--mmmmmm!!