Sunday, June 8, 2008

Goals for the week

Well, what I thought was going to be an extremely busy day turned out to be not so bad afterall. We made it to church, I worked in the 3 year old class during the 11am service, we ate some lunch at home, I got Halle to the birthday party, and then everything stopped. We were supposed to go to our church's outdoor baptism and picnic and then we were possibly going to meet some friends at the "Pops in the Park" concert later tonight. Well, Halle came home from the party with a headache and went straight to her bed (very unlike her). I gave her some Tylenol and figured it was just from the heat of the day. Well, a little while later, she came out and was burning up. Sure enough, she had a fever of 101 degrees. I was debating whether to go to the picnic anyways because it was so hot today, and this made my decision a whole lot easier. So, we spent the afternoon lounging on the couch, watching the Disney channel. Her temperature actually went up a little while later to 102, so I made her take a cool shower. By dinner, she was feeling better, but still didn't move from the couch. Hopefully by morning this will have passed. It always seems like my family decides to get sick the week before we are leaving on a trip. At Christmas, all four of us (Parker, who was 4 months old at the time, actually was the one that started it all) got the stomach flu the week before we were going to MI.
I'm bummed we missed the outdoor baptism and picnic. Hopefully, we will make it next year. I'm also bummed that we missed the "Pops in the Park" tonight. "Pops in the Park" is an outdoor concert the Charlotte Symphony puts on every Sunday night. You bring your blankets, picnic dinner, etc. and sit and listen to the beautiful music. They only do it during the month of June and I will be gone the rest of this month. Oh well, I guess it's another thing that I will have to wait and do next year.

This is where the symphony plays!

Goals for the week ahead:

Watch Kallie on Monday/Wednesday

Host the baby playgroup again on Tuesday-back to the pool because it's going to be HOT!

Get the oil changed in the car

Vacuum out the car

Get laundry done and pack for Michigan

Get up early and begin the long 12 hour drive to MI on Thursday

Sign up Halle for the Summer Reading Program (through our library) on Wednesday

Get birthday presents to the designated recipients before I leave

Celebrate the official last day of school on Tuesday!!!!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I'm sorry Halle got sick!! That's no fun. It was soooo hot at the picnic though! And I bet it would have been hot even at Pops in the Park!

I think our SS class should do the Pops in the Park one night together. That would be fun!

Hope nobody else gets sick!!