Thursday, June 5, 2008

Signs that Summer is Here

This past week it has been super hot!!! We have been in the 90s all week long and tomorrow we are topping it off at 99 degrees (plus humidity). I guess summer is definitely here!!! I will never forget last summer. It was our first summer in Charlotte and I was 7-9 months pregnant. It was unbelievably hot and I was miserable. Everyone kept telling me that it was very uncommon to have that many extrememly hot days in a row-we went like a whole month with above 100 temps!! I think they all were lying to me. We are only in the beginning of June and it is already hitting 100. What is July and August going to bring??
Although I complain about the heat, I really do love the summer. I can't say it's my favorite season, but I will take the warm weather way above the frigid cold blizzardy winters we left up in Michigan.
I was going to post a list of 10 things I love about summer, but there are a few things I don't like about the hot season. So, I decided to compile a list of "Signs that Summer is Here"!!!

1. It's HOT!!!
2. School is finishing up in just a couple of days!! YEA!!!
3. You can smell that great "grilling" smell every night!
4. The pool is packed!
5. The leather seats in my car are on fire when I get in.
6. The air conditioner is working like crazy.
7. Swimsuits are worn more than regular clothes.
8. I am washing beach towels daily.
9. I'm buying watermelon, cantalope, and corn on the cob during every grocery trip.
10. I'm getting tan lines.
11. Everyone has flip-flops on!
12. There are no new episodes of my favorite shows.
13. People are still swimming at 11pm.
14. The playground is empty-it's too hot-they're all at the pool!
15. It is staying lighter longer. How am I supposed to get kids to bed by 9pm when the sky is still bright??

So, whether or not I like it, summer is here and it's staying at least for a few more months. I am really looking forward to having Halle home all day and doing fun activities with the family. It's going to be an awesome summer this year. We are going on a road trip, we're having some family visit, we're hoping to get to the beach, and Parker is going to celebrate his first birthday!! Summer 2008- Here we come!!!

No comments: