Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birthdays, Orchards, and Anniversaries

I'm a few days behind on my blogging for this week. Our weekend was packed full and I have been subbing everyday this week, so I have had no time to blog. This past weekend was a busy one for us. On Friday night, Lapeer West played their big rival, Lapeer East!!! It was a jammed packed game. There were more people than I have ever seen at a high school game!!! There were no seats left in the stands, so many people stood along the fence that circles the field. The line to buy tickets was like a 1/4 mile long. Thankfully, I had gotten my ticket a few hours before the game. We ended up winning 35-14!!! It was so much fun creaming the other team!!!
After the game, a bunch of people came back to the house and we ate pizzas. Actually, while we were at Little Caesars (that's a pizza place up here in MI-I missed it while I lived in NC), I witnessed a car hit a man on his motorcycle. The car actually hit the man and then sped off. Another car followed after it and I believe got his license plate number. There were a bunch of other people who witnessed the accident too, so I didn't stick around. The cops got there right when we were pulling out of the parking lot.
Also-we had a big surprise Friday night!!! Well, actually, Brad and I were the only ones that knew about it, so it was really a surprise for everyone else. Todd, who is at Michigan State, told everyone that he couldn't come home this weekend to celebrate the birthdays with the family. Mom was a little bummed. Well, Brad and Todd planned all week long for Brad to come and pick Todd up at school Friday afternoon and then they would surprise everyone at the football game. It was a great surprise for everyone!! Mom was excited and the family was happy to see him. Plus, all his buddies had come home for the big game, so he got to catch up with his friends at the game.
Saturday, September 27th, was Brad's birthday!!! It was also his mom's birthday as well. Yes, the share the same birthday!!! What's really funny is that she turned 27 the same day she had Brad on Sept 27!!! 27 must be a lucky number for them!!! We spent the morning resting and relaxing. I had to run into Flint (which is about 20 minutes or so away) to get a few birthday presents and cards. We had reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for an early dinner with everyone. Ruth's Chris is about 45-50 minutes away from where we live. It is a super nice restaurant. Let's just say it averages out to be about $50 a person, but they have the absolutely BEST steak ever. It comes out on a 500 degree plate with melted butter all over it. Believe me, it is HOT! I burnt my hand on the plate and my mouth from the steak. Brad's dad wanted to treat everyone to dinner to celebrate! We ate dinner and dessert- Brad, Mom, and Scott (his birthday is on Oct 2) all got free desserts. Jessica actually ended up getting a free dessert too because a glass broke and water got on her.

Jessica, Todd, and Halle

Dad and Mom DeLange
Al and Scott
Brad and Parker

HalleAfter our scrumptious dinner, we headed over to Somerset Mall. It is a very nice 3 story mall. It really has a lot of fancy stores that I could never afford to shop in, but it is still a fun mall to walk around.

This is the mall!!!

On Sunday, we had church in the morning at Grandma's. I have started taking all the kids and doing a Bible study with them separately. We sang songs and did a craft too. I think they really liked it instead of sitting in with all the adults not understanding what is being talked about.
After church, we all got changed and went to Past Tense. It is a country store/orchard. It is a lot of fun!! We all made our own scarecrows!! It is so much fun!! If you have never done it before, you should find a place to make one or try to make one at your home. We also got cider, carmel apples, and donuts and went on a hayride and picked pumpkins. It was a cooler day so it made for a great trip to the apple orchard. My parents, Brad's parents, Andy and Amber, Aunt Mindy and her kids, Jessica and Preston, and my family all went. It was a lot of fun!!!!

Everyone starting their scarecrows



Preston and Jessica

Bailey helping me stuff the legs of my scarecrow


My mom, dad and Halle working on theirs


Andy and Amber


Parker looking confused as to what is going on


Dad D and Todd working on their scarecrow's head


Chad and Parker


Eating a carmel apple

Halle with her pumpkin

Brad and Parker in the pumpkin patch
Halle having a lot of fun on the slideThe traditional picture in front of the pumpkinsHere's our scarecrow

It was a fun-filled weekend. The fun didn't end there though!!! Monday, Sept 29, was Brad and my 7th wedding anniversary!!! I can't believe we have been married 7 years! It has gone by fast! Brad bought me 7 long stem roses and we went out to dinner and Outback Steakhouse- I was in the mood for a Bloomin Onion. We walked around the mall for a little while afterwards, but had to get home early to get kids into bed and get ready for the next day of school and work. We are planning to go out this weekend as well to celebrate. I wish I could post some of my wedding pics on here, but 7 years ago, digital cameras weren't even around (or if they were, they were way too expensive for anyone I knew to own one). I love you Brad and hope we can share the next 70 years together. It's been a fun ride so far. I can't wait to see what all is in store for us in years to come!!! Happy Anniversary Babe!!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

That looks like such a fun weekend!! I bet the kids loved making scarecrows. And that mall is amazing! I've never been to Ruth's Chris (that's such weird name!) but I've heard it is delicious!

Happy Birthday to Brad and congratulations to both of you on 7 wonderful years!! Ya'll are such a cute couple! :)