Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!! I spent my morning at Hadley Community Church accompanying a singing ladies group. The church is very small and the choir director asked if I would play for them to sing "Simple Gifts" as a Mother's Day special in the service. I have accompanied this choir before for their Christmas cantata as well. I just enjoy serving the Lord in any way I can.
My kids presented me with a few gifts! Halle made me a silhouette of herself at school and also brought me home a potted plant. They also bought me a light, cotton dress from H&M. I love it!! It will be perfect for summer!!
Afterwards, we headed to meet my family and grandparents at the Chinese restaurant, House of Hanan. You wouldn't be able to tell that it's an awesome restaurant from the outside, but their buffet is so good!! My dad actually delivered mail to the restaurant one day and realized how good the food was, so we have been eating there periodically with my parents on Sunday afternoons. We decided this would be a great place to eat on Mother's Day because every other restaurant will be packed with families celebrating the day.
My parents just got back from Cancun, Mexico yesterday (Saturday), so they had lots of stories to tell us and pictures to show. The place they stayed at looks incredible and the water is SO blue!! I'm still trying to figure out why we never went on such awesome vacations when I lived with them?? haha!
The stayed at an all-inclusive resort, Moon Palace, right on the ocean! They were able to get into any of their 8 locations in Mexico while they were there!! At the Moon Palace resort there were 14 restaurants alone!!!

They brought back a soccer jersey and a bunch of toys for Parker.
They got Halle a t-shirt and toys!

After lunch, the girls got in one car and headed to the mall to do a little shopping. The guys headed home! My mom ended up buying Allyson and me a lip gloss from Bath & Body Works.

Have you ever tried them? They not only make your lips shiny but they smell like mint and are supposed to help disguise bad breath! I love mine!!!We went back to the house and ate dessert! Here my "black" mom is with her 3 kids!!We got her a INC shirt from Macy's and some earrings. She really liked them both and the shirt looked so nice on her because she is SO TAN!!!

My mom, Allyson, Halle, and I all went over to my grandma's house to spend a little time with her on Mother's Day. She didn't end up meeting us at the restaurant earlier in the day.

All in all, it was a very nice Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: