Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Little People & Strawberry Turnovers

For Halle's first Christmas, one of her gifts was the Fisher Price Little People doll house. It came with the people, furniture, and it even made all sorts of noises when you pushed different buttons inside the house. She played with all her Little People stuff a ton. She even got into the Little People movies, and would watch them all the time. Now, as she has gotten older and no longer plays with them, she has passed all the Little People toys down to Parker, and he is loving them. Between the two of them, I think they have every single Little People toy out there. They have the house, barn, airplane, Noah's Ark, town, campsite, playground, amusement park, race track, and all the people, vehicles, furniture, animals, etc. that goes with it. It's a bunch of stuff!!!
When they set everything up, it takes up a lot of space!!!
Where's Parker?


Parker enjoys playing with them and actually Halle plays with him a lot too. I have been known to get down and play with them too! It's fun!

What I love about Little People is that the people are so cute, they are the perfect size for little kids, and everything is made of plastic or rubber, so nothing can break very easily. We have had a lot of the pieces for 8 years and they still look brand new.
I am planning on keeping all the Little People toys for my grandkids one day. I know, that's forever in the future, but I think kids 20 years from now will enjoy them just as much as my kids are enjoying them now.
Halle is my dessert fanatic! She LOVES making desserts. The other day she got out her cookbook, wrote the entire recipe out, took it with us to the grocery store, and found all the items she needed to make Strawberry Turnovers. After dinner, she and Brad made them for everyone. They were delicious!! I now deem Halle my official dessert maker!!

1 comment:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

That's so cute. I haven't heard of the little people. I'll have to check them out!