Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!

I became a mom 7 years ago. My pregnancy with Halle was an unexpected surprise at that time in my life, and the plans that I had for my future had to be altered quite a bit, but it was all worth it. The joy she brought me was overwhelming!



Parker made me a mom for a second time almost 2 years ago. He is the sweetest little guy around. My love for both my kids is amazing. You never realize you can love something with all your heart until you have kids. They are the best thing in the world! Nothing can compare to holding your own child in your arms. Without my kids, my life would be boring. They keep me so busy and entertained, I think I would sit around and feel lonely all the time if I didn't have them in my life. Being a mom is quite a job, but the blessings you get in return outweigh all the work by miles.


I know I wouldn't be the mom I am today if I didn't have 2 awesome moms in my life. My mom, Pam, is an awesome lady. She is into marathon running, yoga, dancing, and reading. She is a hard worker, oragnizational freak (like me), and loves her grandkids bunches. I know that while I was growing up, her job wasn't always easy. She worked full time and then had to come home and cook dinner, clean the house, do laundry, and spend time with us. She always tried to make it to as many of our sports games as possible. I remember when she started getting Saturdays off and she would take us to either Bruegger's Bagels or Taco Bell for lunch. Just little things like that made a lasting impression on me. We've spent a lot of time shopping together, from weekends in Chicago to a quick run to the local grocery store. We both can usually find a reason to go shopping. I usually get to see my mom once a week and I enjoy spending time with her. She is my mom and I love her with all my heart. Happy Mother's Day, Mom.


The other mom in my life is my mother-in-law, Micky. She has been my 2nd mother for almost 8 years!! A lot of people think it's weird to be friends with your mother-in-law, but I have a very close relationship with mine. We talk about everything together. She is into reading, shopping, and loving on her grandkids. She has a servant's heart and is always willing to do anything to make my life easier. She likes to shop, so we do that a lot together. Many times, I try to get both my moms to go shopping together. That way I can spend time with both. I see my mom-in-law daily, as I live with her, but I still enjoy all our time together. She has been an awesome 2nd mom to me, accepting me into her family as if I were one of her own. I love her and wish her the best Mother's Day ever.
Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: