Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sudoku

One of my absolute favorites things to do is Sudoku. If you've never heard of it, it is a mathematical puzzle that you try to solve in as little time possible. The puzzle consists of a 9x9 grid square, and each row, each column, and each of the 9 3x3 boxes need to contain the numbers 1-9. You always start out with some numbers given to you and then you fill in the rest of the box. Here is a picture of what a typical puzzle looks like:

Everyday when I am in line to pick up Halle from school, I try to finish at least one puzzle in my Sudoku book. I am usually successful and sometimes I even get 2 done!! I will admit, there have been days that I leave a few minutes early to pick her up just so that I will have a few extra minutes to work on a puzzle!!!

Today was a rainy one and of course it was my big grocery shopping day. Why do I always pick the rainy days to do my shopping?? We got quite wet hauling groceries to the car and then inside once we were home. I do a lot of my major grocery shopping at Super Target. For anyone who doesn't already know it, Target (or any form of the store) is my absolute favorite store. I definitely spend more money at that store than any other. There are weeks when I have gone up to Target 4-5 times, sometimes twice in one day!!! When Italian Charm bracelets were popular a few years back, my mother-in-law, Micky, bought me a link that said "I love Target". I truely love that store and pray it never goes out of business!!!

I made hamburger stroganoff for dinner tonight. My mom used to make it for dinner when I was kid, but I have never made it since I have been married. I always forget about it. It was a hit with the family, so I will definitely be adding it to my list of meals. I am always trying to find something new to make for dinner. I get so sick of the same ol stuff all the time. I also made cinnamon bread tonight- another new recipe. I actually found it while searching other blogs. Here is the link if you are interested in baking it.

http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/2008/05/cinnamon-bread.html

It tastes amazing!!! This is what mine looked like. I ended up making two loaves because I accidently doubled the amount of butter needed, so I just ended up doubling the whole recipe. It's probably better that I made 2 anyways. The first one is almost gone!!!

We rearranged our living room this evening. I've always like to change things around every once in a while. I really like how it looks, plus the couches now cover up a bunch of stains on the carpet!!!









No comments: