Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Play Group

Parker and I had our first scheduled "play group" today. Only 2 other moms and their babies were there today, but it was still fun. It was nice to get out of the house, converse with other moms while our babies played, and eat good food. Christy, the mom who hosted the play group, made scrumptious banana bread (my absolute favorite!) and a cucumber/feta cheese salad. It was super good. I could have eaten the whole bowl of salad, but I restrained myself. Unfortunately, we had to leave early because I had to pick up Halle from school. This afternoon, Brad came home from work early and we went down to the pool. He hardly ever gets to go swimming with the kids, so it was a nice treat for them. We decided on Hungry Howies Pizza and salad tonight. I love nights where there isn't hardly any clean-up in the kitchen after dinner!! Halle rented the movie, The Water Horse, and watched it after dinner. I got a nice surprise when my friend, Jackie, and her son, Carter, showed up and asked if I (and Parker) wanted to go for a walk. We ended up taking a nice long walk and talked about all sorts of things. The babies were so good, and it gave us a good work-out. I still went up and actually "worked-out" at the fitness center after the kids went to bed, so I got a double work-out tonight. I've gotta lose this baby weight!!! It was another great day!
I just had to post this pic because I thought it was SO cute!!!

No comments: