Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ready...Set...Go!!!

Well, here we go. I have finally decided to start my blog. It has only taken me a week to sign up, get my page half-way decent looking, and now I am actually "blogging". I really don't know much about having/using a blog, but I am just going to use mine to share special moments in my life that I don't want to forget.
Today started out so nice. Both kids actually slept in for a change. Usually, I am up by 7:30am with Parker, but today I woke up at 9:00 and checked on both Parker and Halle, and they were still snoozing. I couldn't believe it!! We just relaxed around the house and stayed in our pj's until about 1:00pm.
This afternoon was a different story. We decided to go to Wal-mart to look for a few specific items that I haven't been able to find. I hardly ever shop at Wal-mart because there really isn't one close to where we live. The items we were looking for ended up not being there, however, I seemed to still buy a couple bags worth of stuff. When I got out to my car I couldn't find my keys anywhere. I had let Parker play with them while we were in the store because he was so fussy and they tend to keep him occupied while we shop. I ran back into the store to see if they were in the bottom of the cart, but someone had already taken the cart we had been using. I went to the service desk and asked if anyone had turned some keys in, but they said no. So, while I was holding Parker, who was extremely fussy because he was tired, and a couple of heavy bags, Halle and I started to walk the route we took in the store. The keys were nowhere to be found. I was pretty sure they were probably still in the cart, which was somewhere in the midst of the other 100+ carts inside the store. So, I start calling Brad, who was at work. He, of course, did not answer the first 5 times I call. I was getting quite upset, sweating like mad, and panicking that I would be stuck at Wal-mart for who knows how long. Thank heavens for texting!!! I finally got a hold of him (through text) and told him he needed to come and save me. He was able to leave work right then and head over to Wal-mart. While waiting, Halle and I decided to take one more trek around the store, but we had no luck. About 25 minutes later, Brad showed up to save the day with the extra set of keys. When we got home, we got a call from Wal-mart saying our keys had been found!!! I was so happy!!! Unfortunately for Parker, he will no longer be able to play with the keys while we shop.
After all that drama was over, we headed out to get a bite to eat and then to a concert in the park. It was a beautiful night and there were tons of people there. We made ice cream sundaes with some of our friends and listened to the band play a bunch of different songs. The night ended so peacefully.
What a day!!! I will admit- it was a great one to start my blogging journey!!!

No comments: