Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day



It always seems like Memorial Day gets more attention for being a day off from school, work, life, etc., and the real reason we are supposed to be celebrating the day just gets mentioned in passing. I will admit that the majority of my day today was spent relaxing and playing with my kids, but I did take a moment to pray and remember all those who have given their life for us so that we can live freely. I have quite a few friends whose husbands are either over in Iraq or are going soon. I don't know what I would do if Brad were to leave me for many months to go fight for our country. I give a lot of credit to my friends who stay home, trying to live a normal life, while their husbands are facing danger daily.


We spent the majority of the afternoon down by the pool. It was an absolutely beautiful day- mid 80's and pure sun!!! We packed a picnic lunch, swam, laid out, and I got a little sun burnt. I actually put sunscreen on the majority of my body, but I didn't get my back, and now it is quite pink and very uncomfortable. Hopefully, by tomorrow, it won't hurt as bad.

Parker loves his boat. He can go everywhere in the pool when he sits in it! Halle usually pushes him around.


Halle is a fish! She practiced her hand-stands and flips and she rode around on Parker's boat. We HAVE to get her a noodle or raft. I always forget to pick her up one when I am shopping, but it is going on the top of the list!!!

No comments: