Friday, May 30, 2008

The Flying Biscuit

If anyone has ever wondered what I do all day long, today was a great example. After Halle gets off to school, my mornings are quite boring. I watch Good Morning America while eating some breakfast (still trying to finish up the 2nd loaf of cinnamon bread), watch the first 20 minutes or so of Regis and Kelly-I only really like the part where just Regis and Kelly talk about their lives. I will stay tuned if they are having a celebrity on that I really like. By then, Parker is back asleep for his morning nap, so I rush around getting dressed, making beds, doing laundry, loading dishwasher, etc. I usually always keep the tv on while I am running around, so I tend to hear about the family dramas being discussed on Dr. Phil. Although I don't agree with everything Dr. Phil has to say, I will admit that he does give good advice most of the time. I usually always watch the ladies of The View duke it out with each other over the many Hot Topics they come up with. Today on The View it was a behind-the-scenes look at how the show works. It was quite interesting and very informative. I never knew it took that many people to run a show. I also didn't realize that everything the ladies say has been written for them, even the jokes that Joy says. It makes you wonder why they get paid as much as they do, and yet someone else is doing all the work...

By the time the 12:00 news comes on, Parker is back awake and eating lunch. Today he ate half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a banana. He was starving!!! We play and then get ready to pick up Halle from school. Today she was quite ticked at me because I made her wear a dress for the Father's Day Special and she couldn't participate in gym class because she was wearing sandals. I am still unsure why she couldn't play the games because the sandals were strapped to her feet. They weren't coming off. She runs around in them all the time. Oh well.


We usually have some errands to run in the afternoon, and today we went to Target. Halle got a bright pink innertube and some new goggles for the pool. We headed home, got our suits on, piled everything into the wagon, and went to the pool (another daily routine-well, at least while the weather is warm). We swam, played, and had some friends stop in and swim with us. Halle practiced jumping in the pool through her innertube-she actually got really good at it!


We usually spend a couple hours at the pool in the afternoon and we head home starving for dinner. I make dinner almost every night, but tonight I got a break and we went to a new restaurant called The Flying Biscuit. We sat outside and there was a group of three high school boys playing their guitars and singing. I can't say they were the most talented, but they did attract quite a crowd of teenagers (probably all their friends from school). The food at The Flying Biscuit was SUPER GOOD!!!! Brad and I both got the BBQ Chicken Burrito. It came with a salad and of course, a fluffy, flying biscuit. I was really impressed. I guess they are really popular for their breakfast, but their dinners were good too!! We couldn't go home without a dessert, so we went and got an ice cream and drove around looking at big houses (something we haven't done since the first months we moved here). It's always fun to dream about one day living in a big home, but then I remember that someone would have to clean all that space, and that would be me, and then my dream kind of dwindles.
I always end my night with working out for 1/2 hour up at our fitness center. I took Halle with me tonight. She usually is always in bed when I go work out, but since tomorrow is Saturday, I let her tag along. She watched tv in the kids play room and I got done with my 3 miles as fast as I could.

That was my day, just like most other days. Nothing too exciting, but just another normal day in the life of Kellie.

No comments: