Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

The other day while I was on the way to work, the guys on the radio were talking about how we aren't supposed to call it the "Super Bowl" anymore, but to call it "The Big Game". I hadn't heard anything about it until then, but thought it was kind of funny. Why would you call it anything other than the Super Bowl?? I mean, it wouldn't even sound right if you called it something other than that. "The Big Game Sunday" or "The Big Game Party"...It doesn't have that same ring that "Super Bowl Sunday or Party" has.Anyways...We had our Super Bowl party last night! It was just a small group and was very low-key. We made homemade pizzas and salad and had hot fudge cream puffs for dessert. Although I am not a huge football fan, I did choose to root for the Arizona Cardinals because they were the underdog and because I have family that lives in AZ.

In the past I have only ever watched the game to see the commercials. I know companies spend millions of dollars for just a few seconds worth of air time during the game (30 seconds= $3 million this year) and it is exciting to see what they come up with. I thought this year's commercials were some of the best ever. We laughed on quite a few of them. One of my favorite's was the Bridgestone Tire with the Potato Heads. It was really cute!!! We also got our 3-D glasses and watched the commercials in 3-D. We all thought they could have been a little better, but we liked the SoBe Lifewater one the best.

I watched the majority of the game this year (which is a 1st for me- I usually only last 1-2 quarters). I did fall asleep a little in the beginning, but towards the end, the game got really exciting, so I watched. I was hoping for a Cardinal win (and they almost had it), but the Steelers pulled through and got that last touchdown to win it!! Although my team lost, it was still a really good game!!!

I didn't watch the Half-Time concert, but from what I've heard, it wasn't anything great!! I did LOVE Jennifer Hudson's National Anthem...Oh. my. word...It gave me chills.

Overall, I thought this year's Super Bowl was one of my favorites overall. Good food, good times, good game, and good commercials...Couldn't ask for much better than that.

No comments: