Friday, January 30, 2009

Working out for Florida

Working out/exercising is a pain in the booty- literally and figuratively speaking. Not only does it take up time throughout your day (at night for me), but it also wears you out, makes you sweat, and leaves you with that "achy muscles" feeling the next morning.
Even after all of that though, I guess the benefits of doing it outweigh everything else and so I put myself through it anyways. I have been working out 5-6 times a week for 1/2 hour every night (after the kids go to bed). Dad D. went out and bought the family an elliptical machine, so we set up a whole exercising room upstairs. We brought the BowFlex up and got a tv hooked in so we could have something to watch while we worked out. They also have a treadmill, but we couldn't set that up because Brad's aunt is borrowing it. We made ourselves our own little gym.
Every night I do a 20-30 minute fitness program on the elliptical machine, then sit-ups, leg lifts, and other random things with the Bowflex. I have really been pushing myself every night so that I can tone up my body, lose a few pounds, and get a little muscle.
Although those are the main reasons for my working out, the BIG reason for all my hard work is so that I will look decent in a bathing suit when we go to Florida. I have casually mentioned our upcoming trip to the great state of FL, but haven't expanded on it at all. That will all come in another post. However, I will leave you with a few pictures of where we are going!!



Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast, FL

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Ooooo!! That looks beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about it! :) Good luck with the working out.

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Sounds like a fun trip! The hard work will be worth it!