Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Valentine

My Valentine is my wonderful husband, Brad. We have been with each other for the last 9.5 years (married 7.5 of those). It's hard to imagine what my life would be without him in it. On our Valentine's Day date, we actually talked about how different our lives would have been if he had gone away to college (he was supposed to go to Cedarville University on a soccer scholarship) and I would have stayed home to attend U of M-Flint. Would we have stayed together? Would we have met different people and married them? We wondered where we would be in our lives right now. Although it's interesting to assume what might have happened, we are so glad we are together and we know that God was in control of everything then (and now too), knowing what was best for us. I love Brad with all my heart!!! I can't say we've had the perfect marriage (but who has?) because we sure have had our trip down some bumpy roads, but we've stuck it out together and grown stronger in our relationship. We've made a lot of great memories with each other and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the whole world. He is my best friend and the love of my life.
This past weekend we celebrated Valentine's Day without our kids on Sunday afternoon. We had planned to go out then because we didn't want to have to fight any crowds at restaurants and at the movies on Saturday. Plus, I found this awesome coupon for B1G1 free at Bargain Shopper Lady, but it wasn't good on Valentine's Day. So, after church, we headed out to do a little shopping, eat dinner, and see a movie.

We went to Somerset Mall and just walked around for a couple hours. We didn't buy anything, but just enjoyed looking around without having to push a stroller or deal with fussy kids. It was extremely nice! We then went to eat at TGI Friday's (because of the coupon and we like the food) and had a nice dinner. After that, we went to the theater and saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic". I have read all the Shopaholic books, so I really wanted to see this movie. Brad was sweet enough to go and watch it with me, even though I know he would have much rather seen an action or suspense movie. He said he liked it though.
By the time it was over, it was 10pm, so we headed home. We didn't have school on Monday (yea!), so our kids were still up so we could hug and kiss them before going to bed.
Brad had also bought me this beautiful bouquet of roses on Saturday.
All in all, it was a very nice Valentine's! I loved spending time with my one true Valentine!! I love you Brad!

No comments: