Friday, February 6, 2009

Crafts with Halle

A few posts ago I mentioned that Halle is totally and completely into doing crafts. I think my exact words were "she would do a craft everyday if I would get on the ball and plan some to do". Well, I was quite proud of myself yesterday for finding a Valentine's Day craft, going to the craft store and buying the materials, and actually sitting down with Halle and doing it. She was completely flabbergasted that I actually had a fun craft to do. I think I might have earned a few "Cool Mom" points yesterday with her!! Yea for me!!!

I found this really cool and easy Valentine's Day Wreath craft to do on another blog Little Birdie Secrets. It really is very easy and quite inexpensive to do. I paid $4 for the heart shaped styrofoam and only $1.75 for the Valentine's Day fabric. If you want the directions, you can find them at Little Birdie's Easy Valentine's Wreath.
Here's our Valentine's Day Wreath:





A few nights before making our wreath, we finally opened one of Halle's birthday presents and used it. She got the Easy-Bake Decorating Pen and a whole bunch of cake mixes, frostings, cake decorations and an apron from her aunts and uncles. They know how much she loves to do crafts and bake obviously!!! Well, we made chocolate cupcakes and then spent a long time using the pen to decorate all our cupcakes.

This is the pen and all the utensils that come with it



Parker kept sneaking frosting while we were decorating




A few of Halle's creations

2 comments:

Betsy said...

You are such a good mom! I love that wreath!! Little Birdie Secrets always has the cutest ideas. That one sounds really easy. Plus inexpensive...yay! The cupcakes look good! :)

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Cute cupcakes! Can't wait until Ava's old enough to do cool crafts!