Monday, November 24, 2008

Vacation Day #1

Today was the start of our week long vacation! Lapeer schools went to trimesters this year (instead of quarters or semesters), so it works out perfectly that the first trimester ends the week before Thanksgiving, allowing the kids to have a whole week off for Thanksgiving. Can you believe we've made it through 1/3 of the school year already?? It's going by fast.
Today we didn't do much. We are supposed to get quite a bit of snow over the next few days (3-6 inches by tomorrow afternoon). It started snowing this morning and so the kids went out and played for a while. Brad took them out and pulled them around in the sled and they built a snowman. It was great packing snow!! They played for about an hour or so.
Parker looks so cute all snuggled up in his snowsuit


Here's the snowman that they made. Halle put her hat and we got on old pink scarf on her.

Later this afternoon, Deena H. came over and did Mary Kay make-overs on Mom D, Jess, Halle, and me. We did the Microdermabrasion first (which makes your face feel a little raw, but smooth) and then she picked out colors for our make-up. Mary Kay products are very nice and Deena is such a sweet lady. She ended up staying all afternoon!!! I guess it takes that long to make us look good. :0) She even let Halle put a whole bunch of makeup on as well! Halle had a blast! We picked out some things we would like for Christmas. Why is it no one ever wants to buy themself makeup? I hate spending the money, even though I love how I look with it on. I do like getting it for a gift though. It seems every year I always ask for new makeup.
Halle, Me, Deena, Mom D, and Jess
We watched Dancing with the Stars tonight. I think Brooke and Derek won it with their free style dance. They did the best by far!!
Well, that was Vacation Day # 1. Can't wait to see what all Day # 2 holds for us!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I can't believe you guys get that much snow so early!! How fun! But maybe it can get old after a while??? I have always wished we would have a white Christmas here, though! I love the pictures of Brad with the kids. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!! Enjoy your break!