Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

It has finally arrived- Election Day! It seemed like all the commercials, ads, debates, phone calls, and news coverage would never end, but today, finally, we will have our new president. Brad and I went to vote together early this afternoon. We have never voted in Lapeer before and boy, was it so easy. There was hardly anyone there. We walked right in, signed the paper, and sat down. We didn't have to wait at all. Parker went with us. Thankfully, my cell phone kept him occupied. On our ballot, we had to fill in a arrow. I had never seen anything like it before. I was watching the news this evening and they talked about how a lot of people in FL got really confused and didn't fill in the arrow correctly. Why do we not have a universal ballot system?? Why does every county/state/city have a differnt type of ballot? It doesn't make sense to me. I think everyone should just color in a circle- like a scranton. Oh well, I do believe they try to make it the hardest way possible for us to vote correctly.
It's after 10pm now, and they still can't project a true winner yet! It probably won't happen until after I am well off to bed. I just have to keep telling myself that the Lord is in control of everything. He knows what is best for our country!!

No comments: