Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Old friends, Rainforest Cafe, & Snow

This past weekend we actually got quite a bit of snow. On Saturday, it rained for the first half of the day and then turned to big flakes of snow. Although I despise the cold, it does look absolutely beautiful when it is snowing. Brad's Uncle Chip and cousin Nathan came and went hunting in the DeLange's 40 acres. I didn't see that at all all weekend. Nate got a 3 point, so that was exciting for him. (I know nothing of hunting, nor do I get at all excited about any of it). On Friday night I met up with 4 of my old classmates from highschool and their babies (if they had any).
Amanda and her 11 month old Carson, Christina and her 1.5 year old Nadia, Karen -no babies yet, just dogs :0), Tracy and her baby Bryce (sorry, no picture), and me and Parker. Brad took Halle out to dinner and to go see Madagascar 2, which they said was hilarious! It was so much fun getting to see everyone and their new additions to their family. I have stayed in contact with these girls thanks to facebook and myspace, however, I haven't actually seen any of them or their babies in forever. We spent the evening at Christina's house, talked, ate pizza, and watched the babies play. It seems like only yesterday we were all sitting in English class together and now we are all moms.
Saturday we spent the morning doing a bunch of work around the house. Jessica and I did a lot of work in her room. I will take a picture of it when it is totally all done. It is still a work in progress. In the evening, Brad, Parker, Halle, Jessica, and I all went to Great Lakes Crossing and shopped for a little bit and went to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. That restuarant is SO fun! If you have never been, I would totally recommend it just for all the cool stuff that happens there while you eat.


I totally forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures of Parker's reactions to the animals. He loved the store and kept pointing to things everywhere. He stood and just stared into the fish tank for the longest time. Right when we were walking in to sit down, it was the thunderstorm, so all the animals were going nuts and the lights were flashing. Parker was a little scared and we sat right underneath the gorilla, so he was a little freaked out. We thought we were going to have to take him out every time the gorilla went nuts, but by the 2-3 time, he was used to it and he just stared. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed our time there. Halle has gone there before, so it wasn't anything new to her, but she said she definitely wants to have her birthday dinner there. I promised she could get their infamous dessert- The Volcano, which comes with a lit sparkler on top and they yell "Volcano" as they bring it out!


Sunday was a lazy day. We had church and then we spent the afternoon at home. I did go out for a little while with Scott, Jessica and Allyson to Kohl's and Wal-Mart. It was snowing like crazy most of the day, but hardly any of it was sticking to the cement.


This week has been pretty normal. I was sad to see Cody and Julieann leave DWTS tonight. They were a cute couple. I am unsure who I am rooting for to win! I like Warren and Brooke the best, but I will say that Lance did the best by far on Monday night.

We watched Wall-E tonight. It is SO cute! I loved it!!! Halle had already seen it in the theater, but Brad and I hadn't seen it yet. I love Wall-E! He is SO sweet!Only 3 more days and then we have a WHOLE WEEK OFF!!! YEA!!!! Lapeer has gone to trimesters this year, so we get a whole week off for Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to the break!!

No comments: