Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Things I'm into these days

There are a few things I thought I would mention that I am REALLY into these days.

1. The Twilight saga. Yep, that's right. I finally got the first Twilight book and have read all 500 pages of it in just 3 days. I am totally hooked on the series!!! I honestly didn't think I would like a book about vampires, but it is so good. I am getting the 2nd book this weekend and I'm totally looking forward to the movie coming out in November.

2. Homemade fleece blankets: This week we went to JoAnn's (it's a fabric store) and bought some fleece for blankets for Halle and Parker. For Halle's blanket we got a purple with flowers and fairies on it and a bright pink, and for Parker's we got a green with dogs and a solid green. We ended up making the blankets where you just tie the two pieces all the way around the blanket. Both turned out really cute! I haven't taken a picture of either of them yet, but I will post them as soon as I get some taken.


3. Piano lessons: Halle started taking piano lessons. She wanted me to teach her, but I know from experience that it never works when the "mom" is teaching the "kid" piano. I hated it when I was young and my mom would tell me what I was doing wrong on the piano. So, we decided to send her to a good friend of the family who teaches piano. She has been going for about 2 months now and she LOVES it!!! She is flying through her books. I can't believe how quickly and easily she is picking it up. I love sitting with her at the piano and going over her songs for the week. A lot of the songs have a teacher accompanist part, so once she learns her part, I usually play along with her.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I didn't know you played the piano! I took for eight years and that is one of my favorite things to do...just sit down at the piano and play! I'm glad Halle is loving it!