Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fashion Show

This past Thursday was the fashion show I was involved in. I was asked to be a model in the show!! I got to go to The Red Tag Store in Oxford and pick out 3 outfits-an evening gown, a professional outfit, and a casual outift, plus all accessories (purses, sunglasses, shoes, jewelry). After work on Thursday, I rushed home, changed clothes, picked up Hal from school, stopped by Grandpa/ma Park's house to wish Grandpa a "Happy Birthday", dropped Halle off at home, and then headed to Deena Hutton's house to get my Mary Kay makeover. Deena is a MK consultant and the one who asked me to be a model for this fashion show. Jessica ended up going with me, which was nice. I love Mary Kay products!!! I loved the look that Deena gave me. I got to use all the new "holiday" products. She really picked a good color scheme for me to match my outits. We then headed down to Kalloway's in Oxford- that's where the fashion show was. There were 5 other models, some teenagers, some collge aged, and one older woman. We had two small bathrooms to do all our changing in. At first I thought it was going to be so crammed, but actually, it worked out well. We started off with our casual outfit.
My casual outfit was khaki pants, a cream turtleneck, brown boots, a teal tweed coat, and a yellow purse.

Everyone kept asking to see my boots, so I ended up just walking around with my pants rolled up!My professional outift was a black suit, black pumps, and a blue and black silk scarf. I also had a big black bag and sunglasses. I was mad to see that one of the "red tags" was sticking out the entire time I was modeling this outfit. Oh well.
My evening gown was a black Calvin Klein dress. It was SO long. I had really high heels on and this dress still drug on the floor. I had to hold it up a little just to make sure I didn't trip while walking around. I wore black strappy heels that had rhinestones on the straps-very pretty! I also had a silver clutch purse.

I had alot of fun! Who knew I was model material?? I actually wasn't nervous once I started walking out in front of everyone. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There were about 60 people there, so I thought it was a good turnout. Everyone had to pay to get in, but there were a bunch of desserts and coffee, plus a ton of give-a-ways and free gifts. Mom D, Jessica, Halle, Allyson, and Kellene all went. My mom couldn't go due to work. Halle mentioned on the way home (when we had 6 girls in the car) that it was like a fun girl's night out. She said it felt like we were in a limo, because Mom D's car is big and black and it was full of girls. It was just missing the drinks!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Oh....you look so cute!!! How fun! I love all your outfits! Did you get to keep them? I'm so glad you took pictures!