Saturday, August 23, 2008

School Shopping

Well, we finally found some time and got to go school shopping for Halle today. We're kind of waiting till the last minute here as we only have 1 more week until school starts. Our first stop was Old Navy, as they were having their big jeans sale. All kids jeans were $7 and adults were $12. Of course, by the time we got there, the girls jeans were all picked over, but we found 1 pair that fit Halle okay. I also got a pair, and so did Brad. You can't beat a cheap pair of jeans. I'll tell ya though, it was smart on Old Navy's part to run this sale. There were TONS of people in the store. The lines were super long-when we got in line, we were standing in the back of the store. Thankfully, the line moved fast.
We then headed over to the mall. We were with Allyson, Scott, Jess, Preston, and Mom and Dad D. Everyone kind of split off and went their own way. Our main objective was to find Halle a backpack. Earlier this week, I had been shopping at a different mall and had seen a little girl with the coolest backpack on. I was almost going to go ask her where she got it, but I didn't. I thought it looked like something Halle would really love. I figured we would never come across that backpack again, so we just started looking at a bunch of different stores. We came across a few Halle liked, but I kept saying we should keep looking around and we could always come back. Well, we went into the Disney Store and to my surprise, there hung the backpack I had seen on the little girl earlier. It was exactly what Halle wanted. I thought it was super cute. And to make things even better, it was a Hannah Montana one. It's totally glittery, and the great part is that none of the glitter will come off as it is underneath the plastic overlay. It has a built-in speaker to hook your ipod or mp3 player up to. I doubt Halle will use that feature though seeing as how she is only in 1st grade. They didn't have any lunch boxes that matched and the saleslady said that no store in MI has any of them. They flew off the shelves as soon as they came in. So, we will look for a purple one or something that goes along with her backpack. I will keep my eyes peeled whenever I pass a Disney Store though. I did check online and they do have some in stock, however, the shipping is more than the item itself, so it isn't worth it to me. Halle is happy with just the backpack anyways. She also got a Hannah Montana hat that is all glittery too. She is sure styling. She was wearing the hat and backpack around the mall and she stated that she felt like she was a teenager!!! She's only 6 1/2!!!!



THE BACKPACK


The whole silver part it pure glitter!

After that, we went to our usual stores-Children's Place, Limited Too, Macy's. We ended up getting her a couple things from Children's Place- a pink hat and a pink shirt. She is planning on wearing it the first day of school.
We also went for the very 1st time into abercrombie kids. I have never been in the kids store before and we were surprised to find that a few of the shirts actually will fit Halle. She ended up getting her grandma to buy her a couple shirts. So, now, I can't believe I am saying this, but, Halle is wearing abercrombie!!!! She said she wants to start shopping there now!!!! YIKES!!!!

She also got her grandparents to buy her a very nice dress and a Puma shirt. She is definitely set for school now! We just need to get her a pair of shoes and all her supplies (whenever we get a list from the school-nothing like waiting til the last minute teachers!!!).


We (Brad, Halle, Parker, and I) were all hungry while shopping, so we ate a quick snack at Panera. We were all planning to meet up again after shopping and go to Logan's Steakhouse for dinner. Finally, at 9pm (when the mall was closing), everyone was finished shopping. We were all hungry!! We had a great meal. Their rolls are delicious!!!! It was worth the wait. We thought Parker was going to be horrible in the restaurant because it was way past his bedtime, but he actually was really good. He scarfed down a ton of macaroni and cheese.


On the way home there was a TON of lightning. It was amazing to watch.
It was a very successful day. Everyone got some new things for school and we all had a lot of fun talking, eating, and my favorite of all-shopping!!!




No comments: