Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Parker!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY PARKER!!! I can't believe my little guy turned the big 1 today! It doesn't seem like a whole year has gone past us. I can still remember going to the hospital to have him. I went in at 6am and was induced (I had asked to be induced because I was induced with Halle and everything went so smoothly I wanted to do it again) and had him at 12:30pm. Brad had said he wanted him to come before lunch time and I'd say we made it right around lunch. I remember my contractions not hurting too horribly bad (compared to my contractions with Halle, which were horrible), but pushing him out just about killed me. I did not have an epidural, so I felt everything and boy did it hurt. He came out with his hand in a fist right by his face. But boy, once I saw the little guy, I couldn't help but forget the pain and I just began to cry. I fell in love with him even more the minute I saw him. He was 8lbs 7 oz and 21.5 inches long. He was so soft and smelled like a brand new wrinkly baby. I couldn't help but hold him and just stare.

This year has flown by so fast. Parker has grown lots, especially in height- he has always been in the 95% for height ever since he was born. He has lost his dark brown hair and now has a head full of bright blonde hair. His eyes turned from a dark gray to a beautiful brown. He hasn't ever been real chubby, but he does have a few small rolls on his legs and his cheeks (on his face) are chubby, which make for great kissing spots.

He is now walking all over the place and is really working on turning totally around without holding onto anything. If you ask him "How old are you Parker?", he holds up 1 finger (it is SO sweet). He has 2 teeth on the bottom and has 4 teeth on the top. He is eating everything, but still loves his bottle for bedtime. He loves being outside and points at the door all the time to go out. He is counting (like mentioned in a blog before). He has been giving good hugs lately, where he will wrap his arms around your neck and squeeze his cheek up against yours. I absolutely LOVE it when he does that.


I have enjoyed this last year so much. Parker has been such a blessing to our family. I couldn't have asked for a better addition to our family. I love you Parker and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBA!

PS. We are having a BIG birthday party for him on Sunday, so there will be more celebrations and blogs to follow about my little guy turning 1!!!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Awww...he is just SO precious! I know he brings so much joy and happiness to your family! Happy Birthday Parker!!