Monday, August 11, 2008

Favorite Olympic Moment

Ok- I must admit that I am totally hooked to the Olympics this year -especially the swimming!!!I have always watched the Olympics when they come on every few years, but never as much as I have watched this year's events. I have always enjoyed the summer olympics, and the swimming events, especially anything to do with Michael Phelps, has me hooked. I think my all-time favorite moment in Olympic history happened last night when the USA men's relay 4*100 team took the gold over the French-(that's what you get for talking smack about us Americans). I was so nervous for the US, but the last 50 meters were SUPER exciting. I was actually sitting downstairs in the dark with Parker sleeping in his crib right behind me, but I couldn't help by scream when they won!! Thankfully, Parker didn't wake up!! I could hear my brother-in-law, Todd, who was upstairs, scream when they won too. I guess he woke up my mom-in-law because he was so loud. The entire time Brad kept saying that they weren't going to make it and that they were too far behind, but I kept on hoping that maybe the last guy, Lezak, would turn on the power and win, and he did!!! I was so happy for the team and for Michael Phelps, as he needed this in order to possibly get his 8 gold medals.

Celebrating after the win!!

Michael Phelps, Garrett Weber-Gale, Cullen Jones, and Jason Lezak

One really cool thing that seems to be happening in this year's swimming events is that a ton of Olympic and World Records are being broken. It seems like in almost every race a record is broken. That makes it even more exciting to watch because a lot of the winners aren't just getting the gold, but they are setting new records. Last night in the relay, Lezak beat the world record for his split by 4 seconds!!! That's amazing!!!

I am still looking forward to the track and field events. Todd is going to MSU for track this year, so it makes it even more interesting and exciting to watch as we now have a family member competing in these same events (he'll be doing it on a college level though-but, you never know, maybe one day he'll be in the Olympics)!!!




I am definitely hooked to the Olympics this year and you will know where to find me every evening (and maybe sometimes during the day) for the next 2 weeks-on the couch watching television!!! GO USA!!!!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Me too!!!! That was TOTALLY amazing, exciting, nerve wracking, etc. Michael Phelps is just awesome. This year has been so much fun!!!