Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Little More About Me

Here's a little more about me. I found this on someone else's blog and thought it would be fun to fill out!

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
I tend to be eating veggies and dip every time I get online to blog! I'm actually eating them right now! 2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
My very practical answer would be my flat iron. My hair is so frizzy if I don't run heat through it every day. It makes a world of difference.

3. Beach, Mountains, or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
I wish I could like on a mountain, overlooking a beach. That's probably asking a little too much though! The funny thing is I'll probably end up living on a farm-kinda. Brad and Halle really want to have horses one day. Horse manure reminds me of a farm, therefore, I would be living on one.
4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
Putting clean clothes away. I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate putting the clean stuff away. It will usually sit in the laundry basket or in a pile in my room for a week before I finally will stick it back in drawers or in the closet.

5. Who do people say you remind them of?
My sister or my mom. People always said I look like my younger sister but lately I've been getting more of my mom. That is probably because I have highlighted my hair blonde and cut it shorter (just like my mom's).
(If I wasn't filling out this blog while on break at work, I could get on Facebook and copy a picture of my mom/sister on here so you can see what I'm talking about)

6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying home with the fam?
I like a little of both. I enjoy socializing, but not when we are busy doing so every weekend. I do enjoy all getting into our pj's and snuggling on the couch watching a movie. That is my favorite of all time!

7. What's your all time favorite movie?
Sleepless in Seattle

8. Do you sleep in your make-up or remove it like a good little girl every night?
I hate sleeping with make-up on, but there have been times when I go to bed having forgotten to take it off. That's usually only when I fall asleep on the couch and Brad wakes me up to get in bed. I hate how my pillow feels the next day! For the most part, I do wash my face before bed.

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I really want to learn how to quilt. I have no real reason why just that I want to make one. Maybe one of these days I will get the chance to learn.

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
I'm good at remembering really random things. I can remember odd numbers, facts, movie trivia, etc. that a lot of other people can't. I tend to see the details of things and remember those more than the whole thing.
11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
I thought he was really cute! We met in 9th grade and started dating in 11th grade. Now that we are older and have been married 8 years, I'm attracted to him because he's a hard worker, a good dad, he loves me, and he still looks pretty darn cute!

12. What is something you love to smell?
Men's cologne. Right now Brad is wearing Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue!
13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I assume the worst in most situations. I also try to assume what others are thinking before I find out from them what they are thinking. It bothers me that I do it and I am working hard at trying to stop.
14. When you have extra money, what's the first thing you think to do with it?
Spend it on the kids!

15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?I'm more of a chuckler. I don't silent laugh but I'm not one of those obnoxious laughers that you can hear across a packed, noisy restaurant either.

The things that make me laugh the most are stories that my brother tells of our childhood (he remembers so much more than I do), things my kids do, and The Office. If I could ever stay up past 10pm (I'm too exhausted anymore to stay up any later than that), I tend to laugh more the tired-er I get. I can't remember the last time I laughed REALLY REALLY hard!



16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Depends on what I'm shopping for. If I had to buy everything at one specific store, it would be Target.


17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
Study God's Word, Sleep, Play with my kids, Shop, Crafts, Scrapbook, Hang out with my sister, Clean, Decorate a house, Read, Blog, Try new recipes, Travel...Can you tell I need more time in a day?
18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
I shop the sale racks at every store and I shop at stores where things are priced reasonably. I like to spend my money on my kids and home decor, so as long as I stay away from stores where those things are present, I tend to save my money better. I will admit, since we are really serious about buying a house now, I haven't bought much lately. I am asking for gift cards to home decor stores for my Christmas present though!!!


19. Who is your favorite character of all time?
This is a hard question! I'll have to think about it.

20. Would you want to be famous?
No. I think you get more perks with being famous, but I have no desire to be. I look at families like Jon & Kate Plus 8 and see how stardom ruined their family. I hope that I can make an impact on people's lives, but not at a "famous" level. You are under too much scrutiny and pressure to be the way the world thinks you should be.

No comments: