Friday, November 6, 2009

Can you buy Amoxicillan by the gallon?

My dad always jokes about the amount of Amoxicillin we took as kids. He always wondered if you could buy it by the gallon because with three kids in the house, we were constantly being prescribed it.Now, I'm asking the same question. Halle is sick! It really was inevitable seeing as how the majority of kids (and adults too) that live around here have been sick lately. I've been sick a couple of times now. Parker had an ear infection just last week (with which he was prescribed Amoxicillin).
Yesterday, Hal woke up complaining of a sore throat. She acted perfectly fine though, so I sent her to school because it didn't seem like that big of a deal. Even last night, she complained of it hurting a little, but she acted normal. Well, this morning, she went to the doctor (Grandpa) and she tested positive for Strep Throat!! So, now I've got two kids taking the blessed antibiotic!(Parker's taking it because he's very likely to get strep and he still is having ear issues).
I might even take a swig of it later tonight to be on the safe side. Ha!!
I think I might suggest my gallon idea to the makers of the drug. For families of more than one member, it really would be quite helpful.

1 comment:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

awww. I hope your kids feel better! Ava was sick earlier this week and now I have it. Flu and cold season is here. Yuck.