Friday, July 3, 2009

A Wedding to Celebrate

Today my mom, sister, and myself held a bridal shower for my cousin, Lauren, who is getting married this August. We held a brunch today because Lauren could only be here for this weekend, my Aunt was in from Arizona, and tomorrow is filled with activites for the 4th, so it was the only time we could all do it. It wasn't a huge shower because my cousin lives in Kentucky (that's where the wedding is going to be), and her parents are missionaries in the Dominican Republic, so there really aren't many people besides family that would come.
We made blueberry muffins, quiche, hot chicken salad, fruit skewers, mini weiners, and mini-cheesecakes, brownies, and creme puffs. Everything turned out great!!
The Table- We got everything at Hobby Lobby (my absolute favorite store) and The Dollar Tree. We were quite impressed with how everything turned out. (The colors of her wedding are lime green and dark blue)
The place setting- Halle was in charge of the napkins, and she went online all by herself, googled "How to fold napkins" and found and site that showed you how to do it. She put the bows on and everything!! I'm super impressed and now believe my 7 year old would be a great party planner! The BRIDE!!!! Mother of the Bride-Aunt Mel, Bride- Lauren, Sister of the Bride- Rachel We played 2 games. This one was putting on knee-high nylons with oven mitts on your hands. It was quite funny!! Lauren, Aunt Mel, Rachel, & Grandma Allyson and Me Hal and I My Mom and Lauren Lauren opening her gifts. This is the only one I could show because all the others were intimate apparel. Leave it to Aunt Michelle and Grandma to buy her something practical like silverware!! Here was the whole group that was there. Mother of the Bride-Aunt Mel, Bride-Lauren, Aunt Michelle, Grandma, Me, Allyson, Halle, Sister of the Bride-Rachel, and Mom.

Halle was asked to be Lauren's flower girl today! She is quite excited!!!

We wish Lauren and Daniel all the best as they embark on this new journey together. Congrats!!

No comments: