Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our New Family Member

Well, I haven't blogged in about a month, (not because I haven't wanted to, but because I stay up too late doing fun things and run out of time to blog), but today we added a new member to our family and I couldn't miss out of this huge moment on my blog!!
About a 3 weeks ago, the DeLange's St. Bernard, Diesel, had to be put down due to lymphoma. He was only 5 years old, but it came on really fast and there was nothing that could be done. After that, Brad and I started searching for a possible puppy for our family. We searched high and low, and I kept preferring the Golden Retriever- they are the cutest when they're a puppy and when they are older. We found a litter that was in Grand Rapids (about a 2 hour drive from our house) and we called about them. They only had 1 male and 1 female left (out of 8 puppies)and the ad had only been out 3 days. We chose to put a deposit down on the female without seeing her or anything. The owners sent us some pictures of her, so that's what we got to look at until today. We had to wait 2.5 weeks before we could go and pick her up because she wasn't old enough to leave her mama.
Well, today, Tula turned 6 weeks old and was allowed to come home with us. We drove all the way to the other side of the state and picked her up! The people who owned her had already named her Tula, and we liked the name so much, we kept it!
Here she is!!!!Halle's first time holding herParker just loved her!! I love her face! I think she likes me!!Tula just wanted to sit and snuggle with Parker in his car seat the whole way home. Parker would only last 3-4 minutes at a time before he wanted her off of him. She didn't want to budge!! Halle got her snuggled and she fell asleep!
Tula was wiped out!



Halle is beyond excited about having her very own puppy! She has been at her side all day long!!!

We are so excited about the joys Tula is going to bring to our family!! We love her alot already, except I think we're in for a long night as Tula won't quite crying in her cage!!!! HAHAHA!!

1 comment:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

awwww. Tula is so cute! Congrats!