Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blog Hiatus

For the two people who might actually read this blog every now and then, I have been on a "Blog Hiatus" lately. Not because I have wanted to, but because my busy life has made me. I have been in a long term substitution position for the last 5 weeks of the school year, and although I don't get paid much more, I have had to do all the work of a "real" teacher. It's been a blast and I will blog more about it soon, but it has taken all my time away from blogging. When I could have been sitting here at the computer typing away, I was grading papers and creating lessons (which I love to do by the way, except after you've read and graded 67 fantasy stories written by 6th graders, it's not so much love anymore).
You might be asking why I haven't written on my blog since school got out 2 days ago, and that would be because I have been flat on my back on the couch with stomach issues. The first night, I had an allergic reaction to peanuts. I finally figured out why my stomach always felt like tight knots after eating at Logan's-which is the only restaurant we go to that serves peanuts. I had horrible pain in my stomach all night long, but it thankfully passed by Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon, however, my stomach started to feel nauseaus and queazy. I never threw up, however, my stomach was very upset all night long and into this morning. As my stomach was finally starting to not bother me as much today, Halle announced that she was not feeling well. She slept in bed the entire day today, complained of the same feelings I had had the night before, and ended up missing her very first piano recital tonight because of it.
So, that's been the start to our vacation. That's also the reason I've been away. I'm hoping summer will give me some time to blog again, as I have missed so much lately.

1 comment:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! And that you're back to blogging!!! We missed you!