Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fall Fashion

One of my absolute favorite things to do is shop. When I have some money to spend, it's even better. I have no money to spend these days because I just moved and am still trying to find a job, but I still enjoy shopping no matter what. A couple days ago I got to go shopping for a few hours with my sister-in-law, Jessica, and my mom-in-law, Micky. There is a really nice outdoor mall about 35 minutes away from their house. It was a beautiful night out, which makes outdoor mall shopping even more fun. We went to Panera for a quick dinner and then hit the stores. We made sure to stop by the Nestle Toll House shop before we left for a sweet treat.
I haven't been shopping lately, so I had no idea what the new trends for this fall were. A few items I noticed in most every store I looked in were:
* Wide-leg pants
* Scarves
* Yellow and orange



* Black and gray

* Bold colors


* Jackets/Blazers

For the most part, I'm okay with the fall trends. The only thing I wasn't too thrilled about was the mustard yellow and burnt orange. I will not look good in those colors, especially once my tan fades away. So, I will probably stay away from those items on the shelves. I did, however, get started on my fall wardrobe. My mom-in-law was so sweet and bought me a really nice outfit. I got some wide-leg pants, a white tee, and a pink scarf. All I said was that I thought the outfit was cute, and the next thing I knew she had all three items up at the counter and was paying for them.
Here's what I got:
So, I now know I will look "in style" when I wear this outfit!! Thanks Mom!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Mom-in-Laws are the best!! :o) I am so very blessed to have one of the sweetest ever!!

Let me know how your garage sale goes (I saw on Facebook you are having one) and if you have any tips that would be great since we are planning on having one next weekend! I've never had one before!