Sunday, December 14, 2008

25 things I love about Christmas

During the month of December on the Hallmark channel or abc Family (I can't remember which one now), they have the "25 Days of Christmas", which is 25 days in a row where they play a Christmas movie at night. They usually have no-name actors, have some sort of Christmas drama where they try to get a tear out of ya, and it usually works, even though you are sitting there asking yourself "Why am I wasting my time watching this?" Anyways, as bad as they are, we have been watching them most nights, so I thought I would follow along and do my own 25 things I love about Christmas!
1. We celebrate Christ's birth 2. Christmas trees- nothing beats the smell of a real Christmas tree 3. Christmas tree ornaments- we each get a new one every year 4. Christmas music everywhere- at home, in the car, in stores, at church 5. Christmas cookies-nothing beats sugar cookie dough

6. Christmas homemade candy- can't have a Christmas without chocolate dipped goodies and turtles


7. Christmas cards- I look forward to getting cards/pictures in the mail- this is ours. I couldn't get it to copy both the border and picture together, so if you didn't get one in the mail, you will just have to picture what it looks like put together!

8. Christmas parties- nothing beats a bunch of food, family/friends, and holiday cheer all in one place at one time9. Christmas shopping

10. Christmas presents-it's fun to get, but it's more fun to give

11. Christmas stockings- it's so much fun to stuff them full with little trinkets and candy

12. Christmas wrapping paper- isn't it SO pretty

13. Christmas shopping after Christmas- gotta spend all that money you just got

14. Waking up early on Christmas morning

15. Reading the Christmas story (not this book exactly- but the story in Luke 2)

16. Watching classic Christmas movies- White Christmas, The Grinch, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Polar Express

17. Watching people open their gifts- I don't like to be watched when I'm opening a gift though...


18. Playing Christmas music on the piano

19. Going to Bronner's Christmas Store

20. Eating Candy Canes


21. Christmas vacation
22. Playing stupid Christmas party games/White elephant gift giving23. New Christmas pj's to wear on Christmas Eve


24. The excitement on Christmas morning


25. Christmas decorations- I love having a house totally decorated for the season

No comments: